Northern Dales Labour Party Branch meeting
This is to invite you to a branch meeting in the Function Room, Sir William Hotel, Grindleford, Hope Valley 7:30 - 9:30 pm.
The Agenda is:
- Speakers on Anti-Austerity - Dave Halford will talk about Food Banks and Jen Scotney on some legal aspects of Benefits Cuts
- Formal adoption of Helen Swift as a candidates for the DCC elections in May 2017
- Report on Affordable Housing sub-group
- Proposal to set up a Newsletter sub-group
- A motion regarding DCC support for local bus services (information previously circulated)
I'm very pleased to report that Helen Swift, a Northern Dales member who lives in Bradwell and works in Bakewell, has agreed to stand for the Bakewell District (which includes much of ND) in the DCC elections. We will join with the Bakewell branch to support her campaign. Helen needs an agent for this election, so any suggestions for this post would be very welcome.
The new Chair of the Derbyshire Dales CLP, Fionn Naysmith, is planning to join us for the second half of this meeting.
I look forward to seeing you next Tuesday.